- Last Updated on Friday August 09, 2013
Information and Reservations
In keeping with its mission, room reservation requests are considered in the following priority:
- 1. Academic classes taught by Scholars faculty/staff
- 2. Scholars-based tutoring programs
- 3. Scholars Program-sponsored activities or events
- 4. Cambridge Community activities or events sponsored by Resident Life or College Park Scholars
- 5. Academic classes taught by non-Scholars faculty
On occasion, special permission will be granted to other University units affiliated with College Park Scholars on a space-available basis.
Hours of Operation
The Cambridge Community Center (CCC) is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (7:00 - 10:00 PM card access only) and Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. It is closed on Saturday and open by card access only on Sunday from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Cambridge Community Center Room Reservation request forms are available in the College Park Scholars Main office, 1125 Cumberland Hall or on the Cambridge Community Center page of the College Park Scholars website. Completed requests should be returned to Nancy Metrenas, 1125 Cumberland Hall, X42777 or faxed to her attention at 301-314-9843. Reservations are not confirmed until a copy of the room reservation request form has been approved and returned to you.
For fullest consideration, class requests should be submitted by April 1st for the fall semester and October 1st for the spring. Other requests will be processes beginning June 1st for the Fall semester and October 15th for the Spring. Reservations will be granted on a space-available basis based on the priorities outlined above. One-time events and activities requests must be received at least one week prior to the date of the activity.
Reservations and Questions
For questions regarding reservations or the general use of the CCC, please contact:
Room Capacities for Cambridge Community Center
Room 1100 – 100 people
Room 1205 – 100 people
Room 1111 – 50 people
Room 1105 – 25 people
Room 1115 – 25 people
Room 1200* - 25 people
Room 1140 – 50 people
*Room 1200 has been designated as a meeting room every weekday from 7 am until 8 pm and is reserved for Scholars meetings. It may not be used for organized events during these times.
Audio-visual Equipment and Supplies
All rooms are equipped with:
• Campus cable access
• Closed captioning
• Overhead projector
• Active data jack
• Wireless internet access
Eligible UM faculty or staff who complete an audiovisual training session may be granted card access to audiovisual equipment:
• “Rollaround” equipment, that is, equipment not assigned to any particular room, that can be used in any CCC room includes a PC and monitor, document camera, video camera and tripod, and portable Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) projector.
Technology Classrooms (Room 1100, 1111, and 1205)
Rooms 1100, 1111, and 1205 are University of Maryland technology classrooms and contain the following equipment in addition to those items listed above:
• high output overhead projector
• public address (PA) system with wireless microphone
• stereo audio system
• clicker technology
• compact disc (CD) player
• digital video disc (DVD) player
• laser disc player
In addition, they contain:
• assisted listening systems
• a media control system operated via a touchpad that integrates the operation of the AV equipment
• video projector with high-resolution computer and video image capability
Access to most audiovisual equipment is by key card only. Only those users who have attended an audiovisual equipment training session will be granted access to these closets.